воскресенье, 1 апреля 2012 г.

July 18 09 The Season By Sarah Maclean

July 18 09 The Season By Sarah Maclean
Hey!A little while ago, I read The Season. After reading Sarah MacLean's clever tweets I'd been very eager to read her novel. When I saw it at the library, I leapt at it.The Season is about Lady Alexandra, a seventeen year old girl in Regency London who is not interested by pretty dresses and boring suitors. In fact, she isn't looking forward to her season at all. She'd rather discuss politics and ride horses with her best friends Vivi and Ella. But suddenly her feelings change when her close friend Gavin's father, the Earl of Blackmoor is killed in what seems to be an accident. But as Alex and Gavin start seeing each other in a different light, they discover that the Earl's death is not what it seems.I haven't been so deeply absorbed in a book since I read The Hunger Games. The Season had mystery, romance and a sharp witted heroine. I liked the formal tone to the writing, and felt it fit the genre. I loved all of Alex's friends, as well as herself. There was a modern feel to the main female characters without seeming unrealistic that MacLean created effortlessly. While the murder mystery was somewhat predictable, I gasped at the suspense more than once. But mainly, I enjoyed the relationship that evolved between Alex and Gavin. I cannot wait to read more MacLean!Emma Out!

Origin: pickup-for-girls.blogspot.com

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий