понедельник, 14 марта 2011 г.

Being A Sappy Single During The Holidays

Being A Sappy Single During The Holidays
It's during the holidays that, when single, I become a huge sap. Even if I'm happy not being in a relationship, I still find I long for a partnership during the holidays.

Readers of this blog already know I'm a romantic at heart, even if recent studies are showing more and more people are favoring a lifestyle of hooking up, casual sex and friends with benefits instead of actual dating (see The Definition of Dating and The Death of Dating? for more on this topic).

Having said all of that, this doesn't mean that I'll jump into a relationship because I'm feeling a bit lonely by myself under the mistletoe. Being swept off one's feet by a romantic stranger just seems better in the movies sometimes -- which is why, whenever I find myself in this frame of mind, I watch movies like While You Were Sleeping, Fiddler on the Roof, and When Harry Met Sally. Again.

I don't normally go out of my way to watch romantic comedies, or even sappy romances for that matter. Yet during the holidays, I can't seem to get enough of the romantic holiday movie fare. Especially when I'm single.

Am I the only one, or do other singles feel this twinge of something or other this time of year? What do you do about it, if anything at all?

Source: aisha-vip.blogspot.com

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий