четверг, 28 июля 2011 г.

Soldes

Soldes
I am writing this in the waiting lounge at Nice airport. Our suitcase finally arrived. Today. At Nice airport. The wonderful Jorge, our hotel concierge, had been calling Easyjet non-stop since our arrival, and had continually been told our case was nowhere to be found. He hit the jackpot this morning, being told it had turned up at Nice airport ready for us to collect - upon our departure. So much for Easy Jet promising to deliver it first thing yesterday morning to our hotel.

When we arrived in the Easyjet office, the vacant-looking young French woman, who was attractive in the annoying tanned no make-up way that only the French seem to manage, offered no apologies whatsover. In fact, she acted like she was doing us a favour when I asked her for a form so we can apply for some sort of compensation for the fact that we were without our suitcase for the duration of our trip, forcing us to buy clothes and cosmetics at the only shopping centre in the vicinity of our hotel, which, as it happened, sold only designer kit. I'd go further and ask to claim compensation for the emotional damage I suffered by being surrounded by some of the thinnest, tallest, most overly-glamerous women I've ever seen in my life while shopping. I've mentioned before how I always feel somewhat underdressed when in Monaco, and these supremely groomed amazonian clothes horses are the reason. I mean, who the hell goes shopping in 6 inch stilettos, a shorter than short cocktail dress, and that much makeup?

Despite the loss of our case, we had a great weekend and have finalised a lot of the details for our wedding which is a huge weight off. Robert also now owns a lovely white shirt from Gant, a T-Shirt from Juicy Courture, and some Chanel deoderant. I am presently wearing a white tennis dress from Lacoste (I never, ever, thought I'd wear a tennis dress, but the pickings were expensively slim), and own a beautiful dress from Paul & Joe, which I'm definitely NOT complaining about. Both were about the only things I could fit into, and certainly among the cheaper items on sale. This weekend I learnt and came to love a new French word - Soldes.

Origin: pickup-and-love.blogspot.com

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий