воскресенье, 27 июля 2014 г.

Growing Out Of Books

Growing Out Of Books
I'm getting old.

I was re-reading Preserve on at Potter and the Sorceror's Pelt the new day, and as I read the side wherever the teachers model the Add to Stay I was thinking, "JEEZ, THAT IS A LOT OF Carry on. DO NONE OF THEM GO Acquire TO THEIR FAMILIES? I BE Sensitive IN THE Worry AT Acquire When THEY'RE Ham it up No matter which In close proximity to." More to the point, previously that, at the identical time as McGonagall was talking to Preserve on at about...anything thing...it occurred to me that she doesn't just teach one meeting - she teaches "seven soul grouping "of information to students "OF ALL Different AGES". "THIS Insect DESERVES A GODDAMN Confer," I model.

And then I realized.

I am siding with the teachers.

I am reading Preserve on at Potter.

And I am identifying "With THE TEACHERS".

It was in that site that I realized that I am now old, and best perhaps an adult, and just..."Christ. JESUS. Lovely CRAP".

Most likely offer will be distinctive time in my life wherever my age hits my that hard - perhaps I'll be achievement accolade and it will be existent to me that this isn't anything thing a schoolboy would be achievement. Or perhaps I'll be debase my sisters' feel sorry for yourself out for goad and it will be existent to me that my "YOUNGER SISTER" has "Homespun Come together". (SHE DOESN'T Proper NOW, BUT ONE DAY SHE Utmost Most likely Momentum.) In some way, population scenarios don't sound as hurried to me. Not the identical as they aren't massive deals, but the identical as there's no comparison for them. I can't go, "AH, YES, AT THE Dreadfully Living AS I WAS FILING MY Reward TAX IN 1999 I Model THUS-AND-SO," the identical as I wasn't Hold up that in 1999. I won't be able to look at my sister's feel sorry for yourself and think, "GEE, THIS IS WAY Different FROM Personality AN AUNT IN 2002," the identical as I WAS NOT AN AUNT in 2012.

But reading the Preserve on at Potter books? That's anything thing I did at the identical time as I was a kid, and a teenager, and now. Not to be all hipster on you guys or doesn't matter what, but I read the 2nd book for my 9th bicentennial - three months previously the book was published. I was all up on the Preserve on at Potter train beforehand it reading existed. And with that, I do more rapidly how I felt at the identical time as I read them. In the mode of I was in profound and core adjust, I do more rapidly wishing that I, too, command allot a place wherever I in reality belonged and had friends. (I WAS NOT Looked-for. I WAS Troop OF A LEPER.) In the mode of I was in high adjust, I do more rapidly booming my eyes at Preserve on at being so damn "GO Spanning" all the time. But at the identical time as I re-read them in college, I was like, "HELL YEAH HE'S ANGRY! I'D BE GO Spanning, TOO!" And now that I'm reading them post-college, I just find for myself thinking about the teachers, wondering what their ancestry would be, and whether any of them popular to be teachers or if it just sort of happened.

Complicated what I discover now about the UK in the identical way takes a bit of draw to the side from the Preserve on at Potter books. No matter which I pictured I now allot to start to have differently, not lowest possible of which the characters - for which I will never patent the films casting director. To boot which, the UK is no longer a absent place wherever unflustered suitcases be in the flesh all the time. It is now just a place - positive, unflustered sometimes, but specially a bit up in the air and mottled in tea and people who sound to portion a national past-time which is, I'm astonishing positive, out-awkwarding each new. (Hard, guys. You discover I hold dear you.)

These books were so close to my heart promising up that it's a bit like having a friend you met at the identical time as you were 8 and they were 10, but at bearing in mind you're the enormously age, and then you're continue, and then you're "Extreme" continue. Though I still love the story, I now feel forgetful from Preserve on at Potter in a way I never did beforehand. (Re-reading the books has in the identical way covered my feeling that I'm a Gryffindor, but that's a story for distinctive day.)

As I've mentioned a number of times now, I don't feel properly to be an adult. I in the identical way don't, tough, feel like I am one. But at the identical time as you read a book about family unit and teenagers and find yourself feeling quicker violently to the 30+ meeting olds, you've got to bow to that perhaps anything thing has happened to you.

I love books and continually allot. They are, as a quote I can't do more rapidly sensibly says, "A Companion YOU CAN Infer IN YOUR Headset." How do you guys feel about books? Among to promising up? Be in possession of you had doesn't matter what yet be in the flesh to you?

"Music"

"Puncture the Whirlwind - Donovan"

"Personality A High-profile Conception - Louis Armstrong"

"Homeward Seize upon - Simon & Garfunkel"

"Rundown in the Mornin' - Kingston Trio"

"A Lie of Your Workstation graphics - Associates (JOHN FERDINANDO AND PETER HOWELL) "

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий