воскресенье, 31 января 2010 г.

Review Foreplay By Sophie Jordan

Review Foreplay By Sophie Jordan
PUBLISHER: William Morrow

FORMAT: Paperback

RELEASED: November 5th, 2013

RATING: 8/10

AMAZON SUMMARY:


"Pepper has been hopelessly in love with her best friend's brother, Hunter, for, like, ever. He's the key to everything she's always craved: security, stability, family. But she needs Hunter to notice her as more than just a friend. Even though she's kissed exactly one guy, she has the perfect plan to go from novice to rock star in the bedroom: take a few pointers from someone who knows what he's doing. Her college roommates have the perfect teacher in mind. But bartender Reece is nothing like the player Pepper expects. Yes, he's beyond gorgeous, but he's also dangerous and deep-with a troubled past. Soon what started as a lesson in attraction is turning both their worlds upside down, and showing them just what can happen when you go past foreplay and get to what's real..."

REVIEW:


"Foreplay" is another brilliant addition to the New Adult genre from one of my favourite YA authors. It's addictive and well written, not to mention hot. So hot! It's the first book in "The Ivy Chronicles" trilogy, which I think will focus on a different girl for each book.

"Foreplay" focuses on 19-year-old Pepper, who has been in love with her best friend's brother for years. He only sees her as a friend, leading Pepper to go after some much-needed boy experience from someone who knows all about it. That's when she meets bartender Reece, and sparks fly. This is such a fun story and I can see it being the plot on a teen show... in fact, I think it probably has been! It also allows for some very hot scenes not suitable for younger readers, though they're quite tasteful and not particularly graphic.

I loved all the characters, especially Pepper and Reece. They both have problems and pasts, but they help each other and become better people for it. Their relationship is on and off throughout the book, which kept me on my toes. I was hoping they'd end up together, but whether they do or not is something you'll find out when you read the book. Pepper has a great personality, she's funny and not at all sure of herself. It's refreshing to read about an NA character like that, as more often than not they're super confident and know exactly what they want. Reece is lovely too, as are Pepper's friends, Emerson and Georgia. They're all well-rounded and realistic and I hope the next books in the series are about them.

One thing I've noticed about NA books is that the main characters always seem to have deceased parents, tattoos and perfect bodies. I'm not saying that's a bad thing -- it isn't -- but a little variation wouldn't go amiss. Still of all those NA books I've read, "Foreplay" is definitely my favourite after "Losing It" and "Easy". It's so hard to put down and literally kept me up all night to finish it.

I know NA is a genre that people seem to either love or hate, and not every book is a good fit, but I really do think "Foreplay" will be enjoyed by a lot of YA readers. It's fast, fun and leaves you wanting more from Sophie Jordan, which thankfully will be happening. I'm not sure when the next "Ivy Chronicles" book is being published, but I hope it's sooner rather than later. Oh, and don't let "Foreplay"'s title put you off reading it, it's not as sex-fuelled as it may sound!

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий